St Margaret's House
This imposing House is situated in the thriving and popular area of Leigh-on-Sea with its Old Town and tourist attractions.
The House accommodates up to10 Residents in en-suited rooms and is popular for its proximity to local shops and facilities including a mainline link to London Fenchurch St station.
The House also benefits from the services of a House Manager, emergency Careline service, plus the support of the Society’s Administration office and staff.
Facilities and services
- 10 rooms with en-suite facilities
- Person-centred Support Plans
- Cleaning of rooms
- Shower / wet room
- Access ramp
- Laundry facilities
- Communal lounge with TV / DVD
- Internet & Wi-Fi facilities
- Regular activities and outings
- Working Committee of Volunteers
- Strong links with St Margaret’s C of E Church
- Scooter charging facilities
- Large landscaped garden
- Local shops 5 minute walk
- Southend Shopping centre 15 minutes by car
- Leigh Old Town 5 minutes by car
- Mainline rail link to London 10 minutes by car
- Bus stop immediately outside
- Short stay / respite possible
The Society’s Sheltered Houses are large Houses which have been adapted and provided with specialist facilities, such as a Careline systems for the times when staff are off-duty, ramps, motorised scooter charging facilities, lifts / stairlifts and shower / wet rooms.
The Houses accommodate between 8 and 12 Residents and all rooms have en-suite facilities, plus the facilities for making breakfast and refreshments.
Each House is run by a trained House Manager who cooks and serves the two main meals of the day.
Each Resident has a Support Plan which is completed at the time of joining the House and is designed to ensure that the Resident receives the appropriate amount of support whilst maintaining an independent and active life.
Cleaning of Residents’ rooms is provided in-house and there are also laundry facilities on-site.
When moving into an Abbeyfield House, Residents are able to bring their own furniture and treasured possessions and are encouraged to maintain links with family, friends and others in the community.